Şu an yaptığım çalışma Özgür Bilgi Grubu'na faydalı olabilecek bir çeviri çalışmasıdır. İsteyen herkes aşağıdaki metni çevirmeme yardım edebilir.
"Wikimedia New Zealand; Proposal" Çevirisi
“E raka te mauī, e raka te katau
A community can use all the skills of its people.”
Wikimedia New Zealand
Wikimedia New Zealand is a proposedchapter of the Wikimedia Foundation. The document outlines the proposal for a chapter for Wikimedians living in New Zealand. The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual content, and to providing the full content of these wiki-based projects to the public free of charge. The Wikimedia Foundation operates some of the largest collaboratively edited reference projects in the world, such as Wikipedia, the award-winning multi-lingual encyclopedia. Other online projects include Wikibooks, free, open-content textbooks; Wikinews, afree news source; Wikiquote, a free compendium of quotations; Wikisource, a free library; Wikispecies, an open, free di¬rectory of species; and Wiktionary, a free multilingual dictionary.
The Wikimedia projects have an international scope, and their outreach has already made a significant impact throughout the world, regularly appearing in the top ten websites around the world. To continue this success on an organisational level, Wikimedia is supporting the independent creation of an international network of associated organisations. Local chapters, like the proposed Wikimedia New Zealand, are fully independent organisations that share the goals of the Wikimedia Foundation and support them within a specified eographical region. In addition to upporting the Wikimedia Foundation, the Wikimedia community and the Wikimedia projects by collecting donations, organising local events and projects and spreading the word o gsf Wikimedia, they alsoprovide a source of education and support in the participation of developing free and open content and in 'Wiki' culture. They also provide the community and potential partners with a point of contact capable of fulfilling specific local needs and are involved with additional education-related projects and activities.
Yeni Zelanda Yerel Kuruluşunun Oynayağı Rolleri
- Promotion of Wikimedia projects and Free content in general.
- Encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education.
- Provide a first point of contact for media seeking comment from New Zealand contributors to Wikimedia projects.
- Recruit New Zealanders to contribute to WikiMedia Foundation projects.
- Organise conventions, workshops, and attend conferences.
- Talk to the UK chapter about their experience in setting up a local chapter.
- Talk to the Aussies about how their proposal is going
- Talk to other Kiwi organisations about their experience in incorporating in New Zealand.
- Work on adopting a constitution, and, get the draft one checked by professional advice.
- File to become an Incorporated Society. <--At least 15 people are required legally.
- Hold the First AGM- Elect first Committee
- Appoint a contact person for purposes such as producing press releases and responding to media.
- Seek professional advice ondefamation.
- Consider public liability insurance.
- Start fulfilling our aims as set out in the Constitution
Food for Though
- Why might we want to setup a local chapter?
- If we setup a local chapter, what implications are there?
- How does the chapter serve its members? They are paying for membership after all.
- Is it actually possible for an Incorporated Society in New Zealand to transfer proceeds of donations to a US based organisation?
- Should we have online AGM’s, Are online AGMs legal?
- Where should we base Wikimedia New Zealand? Do we need office space? It seems unnecessary and expensive
Contact and further information
Wikimedia New Zealand currently has amailing list hosted by Wikimedia, whichis located athttp://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedianz-l it may be of interest tojoin, as it is the best method at presentof communicating en-mass
To post a message to all the listmembers, send email to email@example.com.
There is also an IRC channel,#wikimedia-nz on irc.freenode.net
New Zealand now has an OTRS queue, which can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
This includes (Press) questions, comments, and general requests for interviews, anything to do with New Zealand and Wikimedia.